Cancelling your test
The most important thing is that you let us know as soon as possible.
Someone else may well be able to take your time slot.
You will not lose your fee if you:
- have not previously cancelled more than two appointments and you give at least 10 days notice.
- do not attend because there are dangerous road conditions locally and you advise us as soon as possible on the day of the test.
You will lose your fee if you:
- give less than 10 days notice
- have already cancelled two test appointments
How do I cancel
You can cancel by:
You can cancel your test online
Driver Testing Section,
Road Safety Authority,
Moy Valley Business Park,
Our cancellation voicemail service at Lo Call 1890 40 60 40 operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please quote your reference number, included at the top of your letter, when you cancel. Please note this is a cancellation service only.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if the RSA cancel my test
In a small amount of exceptional cases we may have to cancel your test at short notice.
This may arise due to:
- hazardous weather conditions
- a tester being absent unexpectedly
- other exceptional circumstances
In these cases we will arrange another test for you free of charge at the earliest date possible.
We will make every effort to notify you as soon as possible if we are forced to cancel your test so please make sure you give correct contact information to us when you are applying.