Vehicle safety is critical. Vehicle manufacturers and EU and national law have many regulations, tests and controls in place to maximise safety at every stage of a vehicle’s life from manufacture to registration to road use.
Periodic roadworthiness testing further enhances the safety of your vehicle. The test identifies obvious defects and enforces standards.
While there are many systems to check vehicle safety, the safety and condition of your vehicle is ultimately your legal responsibility.
Make a complaint
If you have concerns that an owner or operator may be acting illegally in relation to their Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Requirements you can submit a complaint to the RSA by any of the following means:
- By phone – You can speak to one of our staff on 091 872600 (enforcement section) or lo-call our confidential hotline on 1890 253 163.
- Online - fill out our Complaint form online
- In Person – Call into our office, Clonfert House, Bride Street, Loughrea, Co Galway. Where you can speak to one of our staff in the strictest confidence
- In Writing – Post your complaint to Road Safety Authority, Clonfert House, Bride Street, Loughrea, Co Galway
- By email – Complete a complaint form (DOC) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org