Apply for a digital tachograph workshop card.
Apply now for a digital tachograph workshop card or read on to find out more about the workshop card.
The workshop card is only available to approved calibration workshops.
Workshops must be approved by the National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI).
Workshop fitters must provide proof that they have the necessary qualifications.
If a workshop fitter is employed by more than one workshop, he or she must hold a card for each workshop.
The following rules apply to workshop tacho cards:
- The workshop manager is responsible for the workshop cards at all times
- The workshop manager is responsible for the return of cards if/when fitters leave their employment
- If a card cannot be returned (due to loss or theft) the workshop manager is obliged to notify the Road Safety Authority
- The PIN is personal to a fitter and is posted to him/her personally. This should not be disclosed to any other person
- The workshop card can only be used by the person to whom it is issued.