This campaign demonstrates when and how to change lanes correctly on a motorway. You should only use the hard shoulder in the case of an emergency, call for help and wait at a safe place, behind the barrier. Never ever walk on a motorway.
Advice for drivers
Before you begin a motorway journey, make sure your vehicle
- Is fit to carry out the journey at motorway speeds,
- Has the correct tyre pressure,
- Has enough oil and coolant, and,
- Has enough fuel to at least take you to the next service station,
- In the case of an electric vehicle ensure there is enough power to at least take you to the next charging station
- Familiarise yourself with motorway signage.