The Essential Driver Training (EDT) portal
How to keep track of your Essential Driver Training (EDT) sessions and progress with MyEDT.
Essential Driver Training (EDT) is a course of 12 one-hour sessions, or six sessions if you’re undertaking reduced EDT. These sessions are designed to cover certain critical driving skills and improve your practical driving skills.
EDT can only be delivered by an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI).After each Essential Driver Training (EDT) session that you complete, your Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) uploads the details to the EDT system. This allows them, the RSA and you to keep track of your progress and ensure the full programme is completed.
View your EDT records online with MyEDTYou can view all your Essential Driver Training (EDT) records online with MyEDT. This easy-to-use online system allows you to:
- view the sessions you have completed so far
- see when the records for each session were uploaded
- view the sessions you have left to complete
- check that all details are correct
- print a record of your sessions.
Sign up to MyEDTTo sign up to MyEDT, all you need is:
- your full name
- date of birth
- driver number from your learner permit.
Sign up to MyEDT now