Tachograph workshop cards
About tachograph workshop cards, how they are used and how to apply for one.
Tachograph workshop cards are issued to authorised workshops only and are used to calibrate tachographs
As a workshop fitter you must provide proof that you have the necessary qualifications before you can be approved. If you're employed by more than one workshop, you must hold a card for each workshop.
Rules on the use of tachograph workshop cards
- The workshop manager is responsible for the workshop cards at all times.
- The workshop manager is responsible for the return of cards if/when fitters leave their employment.
- If a card cannot be returned (due to loss or theft) the workshop manager is obliged to notify the Road Safety Authority.
- The PIN is personal to a fitter and is posted to him/her personally. This should not be disclosed to any other person.
- The workshop card can only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- Workshop fitters must be a person of good repute and provide proof that they have the necessary qualifications
- download and complete the application form in block capitals and black ink Tachograph Workshop Card Application
- ensure you complete your credit or debit card details for the application fee of €60.00
- for first-time applications you must submit a passport-standard photograph
- send your completed application form to:
Road Safety Authority
Co.Galway H62 ET93.
You application will take between three and four weeks to process. Invalid or incomplete applications will be returned to you.
You must be a person of good repute and prove that you have the necessary qualifications when applying.
A tachograph card for a workshop costs €60 - credit or debit card details only. Cash, postal orders, cheques or bank drafts are not accepted methods of payment.FAQs about Generation 2 (Smart) workshop tachograph cards pdf | 141 KB