3. Garda vetting
The RSA Approved Driving Instructor Registrar uses the services of the Garda National Vetting Bureau (GNVB) to obtain criminal record disclosures in order to assess the suitability of persons applying for inclusion on the Register of ADIs. Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from being accepted as an ADI. The Registrar assesses the risk applicants with a criminal conviction are likely to pose to their students by considering factors such as:
- whether the conviction is relevant
- the seriousness of any offence
- the length of time since the offence occurred
- whether there is a pattern of offending behaviour
- whether their circumstances have changed since the offending behaviour
- the circumstances surrounding the offence and any explanation
- evidence of rehabilitation.
You will need to complete the Vetting Invitation form as part of your application process which you can find in the ADI Information pack below.
Learn more about the Garda Vetting process.