7. Register as an ADI
You're on your way to becoming a safe, qualified Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) in Ireland.
But first, a few key points:
To satisfy the Registrar that you are a person of good repute and have your name entered on the ADI Register, you must:
- be normally resident in Ireland to apply to become an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI)
- be medically fit to drive
- hold a current full, valid driving licence for at least two years in each licence category for which you want to give instruction, e.g. category B (car and light van), category D (bus), etc.
- only offer driving instruction in the licence categories for which you hold a full, valid driving licence for at least two years and for which you are an ADI
- carry your full, valid driving licence and RSA ADI permit with you at all times while giving instruction
- be tax compliant and in possession of a tax clearance certificate from Revenue (or a 6-digit tax clearance access number) so that the RSA can view and confirm your certificate
We will send you the registration application form once you have successfully passed the 3 stages of the ADI tests. The fee for registration is €250.